Tuesday 10 April 2012
For some reason since we came into Peru I’ve been waking up stupidly early (we’re in a really nice quiet comfy hotel). So by the time we had breaky this morning I was knackered. Anyway we went for a stroll through one of the old colonial mansions in town. Rather beautiful, but we seemed to spend most of the visit working out how we’d set it up when we bought it.
After that we went down to the local contemporary art museum which was what you’d expect from a provincial city. The hardest thing was getting in and out, as the bloke in charge kept everything firmly locked, and went and checked to make sure you paid the fee. I don’t think they get a lot of visitors.
The local markets were on the way back, so we wandered through, snacking on tamales and empanadas which made a rather nice lunch.
By this time I was dead on my feet, so we headed back to the hotel where I had a doze and Tina sorted some internet things.
After a couple of ales out of the tourist district, we stopped past the chicken district and went to the one that was heaving the most. A big bowl of fab soup, ¼ of a chook each and salad and chips and we were done. I must say it’s an impressive set up though, over 100 chooks cooking at once and just cranking, but all with full table service. Back for a nap. Hopefully I’ll sleep past 4:30am. Off to Lima tomorrow.


No comments:
Post a Comment