Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Machu Picchu

Sunday 22 April 2012

It was an early start today as we wanted to get to Machu Picchu early before the crowds arrived. So we were up at 04.30 to catch the 05.30 bus, it is around a 30 minute journey.

Machu Picchu is beautiful. It is exactly like all the photos you see. I thought it was going to be really big and that we wouldn’t have time to visit everything, but it is too bad. We had a tour guide booked for us from 07.30 so we had over an hour to ourselves. This was good as The Albatross ate the dodgy prawn last night (we think it was the soup) and got a dose of food poisoning. He wasn’t feeling very well and bailed shortly into the tour and headed back into town around 08.00 and rested on the couch in our hotel.







I was fine so stayed on the tour, which lasted for around 2 hours, but the guide was good. I then went for a wander by myself. However it was starting to pack out with people so I headed back to town to find The Albatross around 11.00.

I had lunch, The Albatross watched. We caught the train back at 15.00 and then our little bus to Cusco. We are all very tired. A super quick dinner and then a long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment