So today we drove north of Bariloche to “the seven lakes drive”. We decided that we wouldn’t do all of it because that would just mean a long day of driving and bugger all seeing. So off we headed with a quick stop to pick up some bread for lunch along the way. We skirted one of the big lakes for a while before turning off the main highway onto a smaller road where we weren’t being run over by wankers in 4x4’s and could actually dawdle and have a look. The first stop was a pretty little lake with a rocky beach with what looked like a flat section where the tide went out (yes I knew it was a lake). Then we noticed some folk down the beach throwing things onto it and the beach was making a big plopping sound. Closer inspection showed that the flat beach was floating rocks. I like floating rocks.
For the rest of the day I found great joy in tossing rocks into the water and watching them float. Anyway after the first lake we cruised along stopping every now and then until we found a little spot on a tiny lake to ourselves, so we settled down there for a couple of hours with a picnic lunch, most peaceful. We dribbled onward.






That is the common dehydrated dog turf Inna glass that is. I'm a geologist, how many nuggets were you standing in on that lake? AQIS won't let you back in with one of them in your luggage.
ReplyDelete