Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Too many lines

Thursday 17 May 2012

Off to Greenwich today. Unfortunately I was feeling like a turd sandwich due to a head cold, so a long train trip with a lot of transfers didn’t make me all that happy. Tuna asked if I was going to be crabby all day, unfortunately my response was “probably”. Anyway, Greenwich is quite charming once you get there. A walk pat the Cutty Sark, an old tea clipper, and after picking up a map, into the old Naval College, now part of Uni of Greenwich. The painted room is quite stunning and the chapel very pretty.





We walked up to the royal observatory for a stunning view back down past the Queen’s House, University and the Thames beyond, as well as the works to install the equestrian stadium for the London Olympics which should be a stunning location.


Of course we also had a quick look at the Greenwich meridian.


Lunch was a nice plate of pasta and a glass of wine, which improved my mood a little. After dining we had a stroll around the Maritime museum, which was good, but I think we were expecting more given the quality of everything else we’ve seen here. Some very cool things though like the jacket that Nelson was killed in with lovely gruesome descriptions of whose blood was where.

I was buggered by this point, so we called it quits and used the Greenwich tunnel to walk under the Thames and start the long train ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment